Elective Africa is a leading organizer of Education and Expedition Travel Programs in East Africa and is headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. One of our popular programs involves placing students with interests in healthcare in hospitals to either conduct their electives, volunteer, or shadow doctors in East Africa. Our program package for students includes accommodation, transport, organizing placement at the hospital, and on-ground full-time support from our teams in each of our locations.
We are seeking to recruit an individual who can manage young multicultural clients, troubleshoot issues, help manage the program, and be a result-oriented person for the position of operations intern.
The intern will undergo a 3-month probation period to understand the program and sharpen their skills in the areas of operations management. If successful at the end of the internship, they will be offered employment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Tours and Travel, Communications, PR or related field
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Sufficient computing skills (Ms. Office suite).
- Photography skills will be an added advantage.
- Must be willing to work long and odd hours including Sundays.
- Reside in either Nairobi or Mombasa.
- Anticipate and plan for upcoming student placements and make the necessary arrangements and recommendations.
- Organize student orientations and hospital orientations with the placement director
- Identify health facilities for medical student placements
- Negotiate with health facility managers and superintendents for EA student placements
- Liaise with the operations manager to ensure adequate living space and accommodation for the students.
- Recommend and supervise any remodeling and installation work at EA residences
- Identify potential suppliers for transportation and other services in consultation with the operations manager
- Organize community involvement activities that will promote EA CSR efforts for visiting students
- Efficiently manage student itineraries and arrange for timely airport transfers and other local transportation as needed.
- In coordination with the operations manager supervise all support staff and make staffing recommendations as needed.
- Explore and identify new tourism business opportunities and coordinate tourism activities.
- Leads generation and sales.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Click Here to Apply
Tours & Travel Internship
Nairobi or Mombasa
Oct 2, 2023
Elective Africa is a leading organizer of Education and Expedition Travel Programs in East Africa and is headquartered in Nairobi,...