Elective Africa is a leading organizer of travel expeditions. In line with growing the company’s travel brand, we seek to recruit a Sales and Business Development Officer for tours and travel. The position will be located in one of our partner boutique hotels.
The selected candidate will be expected to be a proactive individual with a knack for strategy and an ability to build iron-clad business relationships. Experience in the travel industry is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in tourism/tours & travel management or a diploma in tourism management/tours and travel management with 2 years experience.
- Diploma in IATA (IATA certified) with a minimum of 1-year of experience in an IATA-established firm.
- Experience in using tours reservations systems, flight booking, and ticketing systems.
- Good communication & writing skills with keen attention to detail.
- Reliable and be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and targets.
- Experience in setting up travel partnerships will be required.
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft packages.
- Knowledge of digital marketing.
- Effective handling of all aspects of tour and travel operations including:
- developing tour packages for hotel guests and other local and international clients.
- itinerary planning, reservations, customer service, and competitive tour costs.
- coming up with appropriate costings by using knowledge of the East African tourism product & designing of international itineraries.
Sales and Business Development Officer - Tours & Travel
Oct 17, 2021
Elective Africa is a leading organizer of travel expeditions. In line with growing the company’s travel brand, we seek to...