20 Insightful Quotes about Travelling Abroad
Once travel becomes part of you, it’s the little things you do and the places that you travel that bring joy to you as a traveler. Great travellers know that the magic of visiting new places goes beyond the itineraries that are written down for them. They let themselves loose to discovering and appreciating new places and letting nature overcome them.
Here are some travel quotes to inspire you towards making that dream of traveling and wandering far off become true
- Don’t call it a dream, call it a plan – Anonymous
- “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you – it should change your. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you..Hopefully, you leave something good behind’ – Anthony Bourdain
- When overseas you learn more about your own country, than you do the place you’re visiting – Clint Borgen
- And if travel is like love, it is, in the end, mostly because it’s a heightened state of awareness, in which we are mindful, receptive, undimmed by familiarity and ready to be transformed. That is why the best trips, like the best love affairs never really end – Pico Lyer
- Don’t listen to what they say, go see – J.W. “Bill” Marriott Jr.
- Certainly travelling is more than just seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on deep and permanent, in the ideas – Miriam Beard
- I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world – Mary Anne
- Jobs fill your pockets, but adventures fill your soul – Jaime Lyn Beatty
- We must take adventures in order to know where we truly belong – Swigoh
- Travel is never a matter of money, but of courage – Paulo Coelho
- Loving life is easy when you are abroad, where no one knows you and you hold your life in your hands. All alone, you are the master of yourself than any other time – Hannah Arendt
- Travel is not a reward for working, It’s education for living – The travel channel
- Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds. Explore, dream, discover – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- Going abroad can break down, conceptualizations of culture and senses of superiority regarding your own society or it can allow for an opportunity to appreciate it more fully – Alexander McGee
- Nobody can discover the world for somebody else. Only when we discover it for ourselves does it become common ground and a common bond and we cease to be alone – Wendebell Berry
- I read, I travel, I become – Derek Walcott
- The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are – Samuel Johnson
- Once a year, go someplace, you’ve never been before – Dalai Lama
- The travelers’ rush that hits you upon arrival to a new place is like a drug. And like a drug the more you expose yourself to it, the more you want it – Clayton B. Cornell
- Travelling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar. Comfort of homes and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things – air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky – all things tending towards the extent of what we imagine – Cesare Pavese
There you have it. Discover how small a world you occupy, see the world with a new lens. Discover destinations. Discover people.